Saturday 11 October 2014

A New Video and Huffington Post

The last few days have been incredible. On Thursday, I was contacted by Huffington Post and asked if I would consent to them using one of my blog posts as part of their focus on schizophrenia for Mental Health Awareness Week. I told them they could use the 'A Day in the Life of a Paranoid Schizophrenic' blog post and it was published. The following day, it was on the front page and stayed there for over 36 hours! It's identical to the blog post on here but if you haven't read it, or just want to see it on Huff Post, the link is here.

I've had so many lovely comments on here, Twitter and Facebook from that piece and a few people have said that it has enlightened them to what schizophrenia is really like. This is exactly what I want to do with my blog: educate, enlighten and reduce stigma. So I feel that that blog post was a real success. So far, I've only seen one negative comment on it, someone who thought he was hilarious by stating on Facebook, "Shouldn't that be a day in the life of two paranoid schizophrenics?" Guffaw. Never heard that one before, mate.

Today, I've been working on a new YouTube video, another one about hearing voices. This time though, I've recorded the things that voices have said to me over the years. I really enjoy making YouTube videos so if anyone has an idea that I could make into a video, leave a comment below. I'd really appreciate it! Oh and the link for today's video is here.

Thank you to everyone who has checked out my blog, left comments or shared it with others. I am genuinely so grateful to everyone who has left lovely messages and so pleased that some have been educated about the realities of this illness. And with that, let's battle stigma together and wipe it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment