Friday 4 October 2013

The Least Appropriate Songs in Psych Wards

In honour of a request by Bexatron: @DuckBeaki (RIP), plus I'm really bored in here, this is my list of the least appropriate songs to play on a psych ward.

Some of the songs you may not recognise, so Google the lyrics if you want. Be warned though, some have bad language and/or triggering lyrics. There were others not on this list I thought of, but I thought they were too triggering to post.

1. Green Day - Basket Case

2. The Coors - Runaway (I think Linkin Park did a song of the same name too, so there's another one)

3. Placebo - Meds

4. Theory of a Deadman - Hate my Life

5. Weezer - Everybody get Dangerous (that's just asking for trouble)

6. OK Go - Get Over It (three of the most frustrating words when it comes to mental health)

7. Papa Roach - Last Resort (seriously bad on a psych ward)

8. System of a Down - Chop Suey (the chorus isn't exactly psych ward material)

9. Weird Al Yankovic - You're Pitiful (not a good self-esteem booster)

10. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (I think Britney Spears did a song of this name too, so that's another one)

11. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

12. To the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" there's "If you're happy and you know it, shake your meds". For the bolder, there's "If you're crazy and you know it, shake your meds"

13. If I remember correctly, Metallica did a song called 'I Wanna Sniff Some Glue'. Never heard it though, so I could be wrong there.

14. Anything by One Direction or Justin Bieber (do I really need to explain why?)

15. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot (particularly good... I mean bad, if a patient is kicking off)

16. KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (read the lyrics if you don't know it, there's a few delusions in the making there)

17. The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (more potential delusions, plus there's the meaning behind that song. If you don't know the meaning, look at the three letters I capitalised in the song name. That's what they were on when writing it)

18. The song that was used as the theme tune to M*A*S*H* and also covered by Marilyn Manson. If you don't know it, it's a hugely triggering song, so be warned before researching it. If you do know it, you'll understand why this makes the list.

19. P!nk - Don't Let me Get Me (if you really look into the lyrics, you'll see that they're not exactly uplifting)

20. Drowning Pool - Bodies (let the bodies hit the * * FLOOOOOOOOOOOR!)

So next time you take an all expenses paid trip to the psych ward, make sure you have these songs on an iPod or other portable music player to really maximise the enjoyment of your stay. Wait, did I say make sure you have them? I meant make sure you DON'T have them. *cough cough*

1 comment: