Sunday 21 July 2013

The Result of a Mini Experiment

So yesterday, I posted several memes about schizophrenia, which can be found here. Then, I decided to do an experiment with this one:



I posted it onto the meme website Tickld, using the link to the blog post as the source for the meme. Once it was uploaded, I waited nervously, half-expecting it to be down-voted into oblivion.

The first vote was a down-vote. I wasn't that surprised, and decided to just log off and check it again an hour later. To my surprise, it now had 67 votes, of which only 3 were down-votes. I checked on it a few times later that night, and noticed several interesting comments on it. This morning when I woke up, there were over 1,000 up-votes, and while there are currently over 150 down-votes, it has been mainly positive. Just looking at the comments shows that the trolls are being down-voted, but most of the comments are encouraging. I've even had 20 people from Tickld visiting my blog.

If you want to have a look at the meme post, it's here: http://www.tickld.com/t/191289

I'd recommend reading the comments, as they're interesting. But how uplifting is it to have such a positive response to a meme like this on a site that's frequented by trolls?!

No comments:

Post a Comment